Merrilyn and I are on the road heading for a week in Tahoe. On the way down, we stayed a couple nights with friends in the Weed/Mt. Shasta area. First evening at a local brewery I noticed the following art on the wall. (Sorry for the poor camera work.)
Obviously this was meant to depict a product that is fully legal and part of legitimate commerce. It got me thinking about the upcoming ballot measure in Washington state where people vote on whether to legalize pot. So I’m putting some questions out to my readers:
- Do you think marijuana should be legalized?
- If so, how do you think it should be regulated?
- Do you think legalization would have any impact on the drug wars? If so, how?
- Do you think legalization would lead to increased drug abuse overall?
- Assuming that a legalized, regulated product would generate a lot of tax revenue, how should that tax revenue be allocated?
- And just for kicks, how would you describe your political leanings overall? Conservative, liberal, libertarian, socialist, anarchist?